Systems Administrator / Network Engineer
Primary task is the management and hands on support of a broad spectrum of technology including Windows/Linux/Mac servers/workstations, LAN/WAN and telephony hardware, software and operating systems.This is an extremely challenging role that demands strong technical leadership, analytic and problem-solving skills with a strong sense of ownership, urgency and drive.
- 10+ years of industry experience (Excluding experience as in house support).
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Experience with HyperV and/or VMWare
- Experience with Active Directory including site management, replication, security, group policy, schema and domain administration.
- Experience with Microsoft Exchange 2003/2007 including Blackberry Enterprise Services, Active Sync, OWA, RPC over http, database and account management.
- Experience with other mail server platforms such as Postfix, Imail, Communigate, Procmail or Mailenable.
- Working knowledge and experience with most all LAN protocols.
- Proficient with various Anti Virus packages, VPN, remote access, desktop imaging, and asset management, arrays, laptop and printer repair and data recovery methods.
- Programming/scripting in VBscript, cscript, Powershell and/or Perl or similar.
- Possesses knowledge of enterprise architecture technologies such as HSRP, VRRP, VPN, VTP and CARP.
- Understands principles and techniques applied in securing operating systems and LAN/WAN networks, TCP/IP, network protocols, firewall theory, and packet analysis.
- Network anaylzation and proficiency with packet sniffing technology a must.Low Voltage cabling experience required and certifications in this area is a plus, such as Bicsi or State Low Voltage.
- Experience testing with time domain reflectometer, attenuation, crosstalk, impedance, and other test measurements.
- A working knowledge of VDSL and VDSL2 technology.
Development, management, configuration and hands-on support of infrastructure (hardware, software, and OS) including but not limited to Windows, Linux and Mac workstations and servers, Local and Wide Area Networks, wireless and telephony. Build and nurture client relationships.
Helpdesk Support Technician
Duties include phone based technical support as well as server and network support at all levels having a focus on customer service. Job functions are focused on the workstation, basic server, printing, and network installation and troubleshooting. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
A Microsoft Certified Professional certification will be required within 90 days after start of employment. Some daily clerical and sales support work will be expected.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Working conditions are normal for an office environment.
- Work may require occasional weekend and/or evening work.
- Work will be performed at Duluth office.
- Advanced working knowledge of personal computers and basic networking skills to include past and present software packages.
- Strong virus detection and removal skills are required.
- Proficient with multiple platforms and hardware; Mac and Windows XP and up.
- Accommodating, quick to learn and work well with others.
- Must have A+, Network + certification or Microsoft MCDST.
Applicants that wish to be considered for any positions should send their resume along with earnings history / expectancy to:
Our Application Submission Form
Atlanta I.T. Service
Attn: Jobs Opportunities
2590 Breckinridge Blvd
Duluth, GA 30096
No phone calls, please!
Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Applicant must be able to pass a drug screening and a background check. Candidates must have their own transportation and be able to commute to Duluth office daily.alert-info
To all recruitment agencies:
Atlanta I.T. Service does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Atlanta I.T. Service employees or any other company location. Atlanta I.T. Service is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.alert-error
Atlanta I.T. Service is an equal opportunity employer. Employment here is based solely upon one’s individual merit and qualifications directly related to professional competence. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy status, sex, age, marital status, disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristics protected by law. We will also make all reasonable accommodations to meet our obligations under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and state disability laws.alert-success